Saturday, September 25, 2021

Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah

Pilgrim through this barren land.

I am weak, but Thou art mighty,

Hold me with Thy powerful hand.

Bread of heaven,

Feed me till I want no more.

UMC Hymnal, No. 127 

William Williams was the son of a wealthy Welsh farmer, and graduated from university with a degree in medicine.  Shortly thereafter, the preaching of Howell Harris caused him to leave medicine and become a preacher. Through over 40 years of ministry, Williams traveled over 90,000 miles. 

During his travels, Williams passed the time writing hymns.  He was often called the Sweet Singer of Wales, and composed over 800 hymns, the best known of which is Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah.  This great hymn of the church was sung at the funerals of President James Garfield and Princess Diana.

 


Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah - Fountainview Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment