Tuesday, December 28, 2021

And Now These Things Remain: Faith

 

And now these three remain:  faith…

I Corinthians 13:13

When I was growing up, sharing my faith meant handing out pamphlets, or going door to door to try to get people to come to our church.  As I have grown older, I have found that “sharing my faith” is so much more.  The best way to share my faith is to live it.

When Jesus talked about the final judgment in Matthew 24 and 25, He pictured the nations being judged by how they lived their faith.

·         I was hungry and you gave me something to eat.

·         I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink.

·         I was a stranger, and you invited me in.

·         I needed clothes, and you clothed me.

·         I was sick and you looked after me.

·         I was in prison and you came to visit me.

When the righteous protested that they had never seen Him in these circumstances, He replied, “If you did it for one of the very least of my children, you did it for Me.”  How can we live our life today that reveals our faith in Jesus Christ?

Faith is the Victory

Published in 1891 by John H. Yates, a Methodist minister


 

No comments:

Post a Comment