Monday, December 27, 2021

Leaving 2021

 

I have finished the course…

2 Timothy 4:7 

I started this blog, Water Into Wine, on Saturday, March 20, 2020, in response to the shutting down of my choir, my job, my church.  Life as we knew it came to a grinding halt as the Covid-19 Pandemic took over everything.  I wanted to write a daily word of faith and encouragement, and provide a daily hymn to sing.

It is now December of 2021, and what was unthinkable in March of 2020 has proven to be true – the Pandemic is still a major part of our lives.  Much has changed, however, Churches have flooded Facebook and YouTube, streaming devotionals and times of worship for every day of the week.  Most churches have reopened for weekend worship services – complete with congregational singing and great preaching.  Life is slowly getting back to our new “normal.”

I had originally planned to write this blog for about six months.  After twenty-one months, Friday, December 31, will be my last day for Water Into Wine. I have tried my best to be a small voice in the very large void caused by the Pandemic. I hope Water Into Wine has been that for you. I want to concentrate these last four days on 1st Corinthians 13:13. I hope you will join me.   


ONE OF MY FAVORITE HYMNS:

Blessed Assurance

No comments:

Post a Comment