Friday, April 3, 2020

God Charts Your Way


God Charts Your Way

God charts the way you take...
Psalm 1:6

Have you ever made a chart to keep track of something or someone?  Your kids?  Yourself?  I have a very large desk calendar to chart my work, my appointments and my commitments.  When I need to drive out-of-town, I print out a chart of directions to take me step-by-step to my destination.  Charts and lists help me weave together the fabric of my life.

The New American Standard Bible translation of this verse is:  For the Lord knows the way of the righteousness...   Wait!  Am I "the righteous"?   Hmmm... I don't think so.  I make far too many gaffes, indiscretions, and plain old mistakes (sins!) to ever feel righteous.  But God is, in fact, talking to me, and He is talking to you.

So often we have a tendency to feel alone in this world.  In our darkest moments, our thoughts often run through the litany of  no one hears, no one knows, no one cares.  On a human level, people will sometimes fail us.  God is always there - listening, knowing and deeply caring.  He is keeping a chart of our walk.  That means that no matter where I am,  God is walking right beside me.

*

I've got a home in glory land that outshines the sun (3x)
Way beyond the blue.

Do, Lord, O do, Lord, O do remember me (3x)
Way beyond the blue.

I took Jesus as my Savior, you take Him, too (3x)
Way beyond the blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment