Wednesday, August 11, 2021

All Scripture

 

All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the faith

and correcting error, for re-setting the direction of a (wo)man’s life,

and training him/her in good living.  The scriptures are the 

comprehensive equipment of the (wo)man of God, and fit him/her 

fully for all branches of His work.

2nd Timothy 3:16-17

It has been a real privilege for me to participate in the Summer Reading Program of the New Testament.  I have, at various times in my life, tried to read specific portions of the Bible, but would slowly (and inevitably) fade away.  I credit a good deal of my success this time to the Phillips translation that I am reading – a fresh, bright look at the truths of the New Testament.

I have just discovered that Phillips also translated the first 39 chapters of Isaiah, as well as Amos, Hosea and Micah.  I was able to obtain a copy of the book,  The Four Prophets, from Amazon at a reasonable price (I bypassed the copy selling for $900+), and look forward to reading it. 

Adding Scripture to your life, a few verses each day, will enrich your faith journey.   Blessings to you as you read.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment