Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Beans and Rice

 

And my God will meet all your needs, according to

the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19 

My husband and I were raised in very different households within different cultures, yet when we got married, we discovered that our families had one habit in common:  when things got tough and money was short, we could always count on beans and rice.

When God’s people were wandering in the wilderness, their “beans & rice” was called manna (literally meaning, What is it?)  Manna was on the ground every morning (except Sabbath) to be gathered and eaten.  I’m sure they got sick of it, as I have occasionally gotten tired of beans and rice, but it was God-provided food that met their needs until they were settled in the promised land. 

God will meet all your needs – physical and spiritual.  Trust Him.  
He’s got this covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment