Saturday, March 28, 2020

In the Morning




In the Morning

 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
In the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
Psalm 5:3

I love this verse because of the reference to God listening to me in the morning.  I’m a morning person, and there are people who don’t want to listen to me during that time of day!  So it is wonderful to know that God and I have early mornings in common.

Prayer is a private, personal communication between a person and the Creator of the universe.  When I was a child, prayer was a very formal process:  one had to kneel, fold your hands together, close your eyes, and refer to God as “Thee” or “Thou.”  How wonderful it was to “put away childish things” and learn to just talk to the One who made me. 

Morning is my favorite time to pray, sitting outside, looking up into the heavens, imagining God’s face looking directly back at mine.  I can tell Him stories, ask Him questions, confide my deepest needs and admit my shallowest interests.  Last but not least, I can share my requests for my family and friends, my community and nation, and for the global community at large.

Whisper a prayer in the morning,
Whisper a prayer at noon.
Whisper a prayer in the evening
To keep your heart in tune.

God answers prayer in the morning,
God answers prayer at noon.
God answers prayer in the evening
So keep your heart in tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment