Thursday, March 26, 2020

Redeemed!


Redeemed!

I know that my Redeemer lives...
Job 19:25

My introduction to the concept of redemption had nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with green stamps!  My mother was a veteran S & H Green Stamp collector.  We spent many an hour as a family licking the emerald stamps and pressing them into the pages of our collection booklets.  When we had a bundle of books ready, it was time to head to the S & H Redemption Center.  We would browse the entire store aisle by aisle, carefully choose  the item we wanted, then make our redemption "payment" in stamps.

The definition for the Hebrew word "redeem" is:  to buy back; to purchase; to free by paying ransom.  God created the human race to live a full, abundant life in constant companionship with their Creator.  When sin entered the equation, Satan said, Oops - sorry, God!  You are no longer ruler of this realm.  These people belong to me!  Jesus Christ, our Redeemer, came to earth to buy us back.  The payment?  His life for ours.

Redeemed! How I love to proclaim it,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.

Redeemed, redeemed, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
Redeemed, redeemed, His child, and forever, I am.

I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long.
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.


No comments:

Post a Comment