Friday, March 27, 2020

Let There be Light!


Let There be Light!

The Lord is my light and my salvation; 
whom shall I fear?  
The Lord is the strength of my life; 
of whom shall I be afraid?  
Psalm 27:1

Yesterday was a miserable day:  cloudy, rainy, and cold.  Many of us in my neighborhood have used the space around our homes to get out and breathe in fresh air and fresh hope.  Even mowing the lawn has been a welcome activity.  But yesterday?  Not so much. I felt as gloomy as the skies looked.

This morning I awoke to the songs of bird and the glory of azure skies and sunlight.  It is no wonder that the first thing the Creator had on His agenda was the command, “Let there be light!”  I stepped out on my front porch and opened my heart to the sunlight of God’s love and grace. 

Jesus, who is the Light of the World, has called us to reflect His light to those around us. That calling has never been more important than it is right now amidst the challenges of Covid19.  How can you shine your light today? One of the best ways is to reach out to someone you know and encourage them: a phone call, an email, or a text message will go a long way toward making someone’s day a bit brighter.

This little light of mine, I’m goin’a let it shine.
This little light of mine, I’m goin’a let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel, NO!  I’m goin’a let it shine…

Won’t let Satan blow it out!  I’m goin’a let it shine…

No comments:

Post a Comment