Sunday, March 22, 2020

Peace Like a River



Peace Like a River

Cast all your anxiety upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7


Peace is an illusive commodity in our stress-filled lives and fractured world, appearing to have vanished in thin air along with Lysol, rice, and toilet paper.  We search for reassurances in newspapers and magazines and on radio and television.  Unfortunately, the reports that we hear fill our hearts and minds with anxiety rather than calm - fear rather than peace.

The Apostle John quotes Jesus as saying, Peace I leave with you; My peace I give unto you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid"  (John 14:27).  John reminds us that the key element in true, lasting peace is the presence of Christ, and the knowledge that God is in control.

So when the pressures of our lives and the confusion of this world threaten to overwhelm you, look to Jesus for His peace to guard your life and the lives of your family through the days ahead.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6-7

When peace like a river attendeth my way, 
When sorrows like sea billows roll.
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
It is well with my soul.
It is well, it is well with my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment