Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Trusting in Him II

  

Trusting in Him II

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
Don’t try to figure everything out on your own.
Proverbs 3:5  [The Message]


Several years ago, my three daughters and I headed off to Stockbridge, Massachusetts to spend the Thanksgiving holiday weekend at the Red Lion Inn.  The journey there was peaceful and relatively uneventful until Mother (that would be me) began to argue with the GPS of the driver.  It was not a wise move, and much lively (read agitated) conversation ensued.  In the end, my driver daughter and her GPS were correct, and I needed to  chill out.

There was a lesson to be learned here.  Trusting my daughter to do the job that she was obviously doing quite well was difficult for me, somehow.  Her careful driving and directions from the GPS had guided us safely and accurately for seven hours.  All of a sudden, she and it were wrong?  It was a classic case of foot-in-mouth disease, and I was clearly out of line.

At times I have the same difficulty trusting my heavenly Father.  I am so sure that my way is correct, and too often I am entirely wrong.  Learning to trust is an on-going process for me.  Thankfully the Lord (and my daughter) have not given up on me yet.

*

You are my hiding place,
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance.
Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
I will trust in You.
Let the weak say,
“I am strong in the strength of the Lord.
I will trust in You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment