Saturday, August 22, 2020

Add to Your Faith: Love


Add to Your Faith:  Love 

Make every effort to add to your faith goodness;
and to goodness, knowledge;  and to knowledge, self-control;
and to self control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
and to godliness, brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness, love.
For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure,
they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive
in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:5-8 

That love completes Peter's growth chart in grace should not be a surprise to anyone.  Love was the Creator of everything we have and are.  When mankind turned their backs on that love and embraced a life of sin, Love came down to this earth and died in their place.  When all seemed lost, Love conquered death and arose from the grave.  One of these days, Love will return to this earth.  There is no greater power on earth than Love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut
Doesn't have a swelled head
Doesn't force itself on others
Isn't always "me first."
Doesn't fly off the handle
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others
Doesn't revel when others grovel
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always.
Always looks for the best
Never looks back,
but keeps going to the end
Love never dies.

*

I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more.
But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me.  Love lifted me.
When nothing else could help, Love lifted me.
Love lifted me.  Love lifted me.
When nothing else could help, Love lifted me.
UMC Worship & Song, No. 3101








No comments:

Post a Comment