Friday, November 6, 2020

Dress in God's Wardrobe

...dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you:

compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline.

Colossians 3:12

Although I no longer ingest caffeine, I am a huge fan of Starbucks, and often stop in for a Tall, soy, decaf, black & white mocha (no whip), or a shaken green tea lemonade (half sweetner).  I love to look at their pastries and other goodies, but being gluten intolerant, it is always look but don't touch!  Then a few years ago, I noticed they were carrying a new snack bar - the KIND bar, that proclaimed itself to be gluten-free.  I tried one and was hooked! 

Imagine my surprise when the wrapper on my bar suggested that I do a KIND act for someone else.  I discovered that the company encourages their employees and customers to do random acts of kindness for those around them each day. They even have developed their own KIND vocabulary: 

kindaholic - someone with an uncontrollable love for spreading kindness

kinding - an unexpected act of kindness done for someone else

kindtastic - being extraordinarily kind 

How wonderful to know that there is a commercial venture that is interested in helping other people just as much as helping their bottom line.  What act of kindness can you give the world today?  Let's make Friday a KIND day! 

*

We are His hands to touch the world around us,

We are His feet to go where He may lead.

And we are His love, burning in the darkness,

We are His love, shining in the night.

He is Our Song, No. 140



 

No comments:

Post a Comment