Saturday, November 21, 2020

Thankful for: The Radio

I will sing to the Lord, for He is highly exalted.

The Lord is my strength and my song;

He is my God, and I will praise Him.

Exodus 15;1,2 

2020:  I am Thankful for the Radio

When I roll out of bed in the morning, I have a path that I follow through my house:  Go in the guest room to turn up the heat, then to the kitchen to turn off the backyard lights, through the dining room to the front door to turn off the front porch lights, then stroll through the living room and turn on… the radio!  Beautiful classical music floods my home, instantly lifting my spirits with reassurance that today is a new day – another day to live and love the Lord.

If I have somewhere that I need to go in the wider world, I know that when I turn on the car, that same music will pour forth:  Breakfast classics, Performance Today, the Chicago Symphony, the Pittsburgh Symphony, the New York Philharmonic and so much more.

During this pandemic, it is not hard to become discouraged, even depressed – staying home, missing our regular interaction with family and friends.  A silent house would not help my efforts to stay positive.  So I am thankful today for my radio, and the powerful blessings of music.

* 

Come, Christians, join to sing Alleluia!  Amen!

Loud praise to Christ our King, Alleluia!  Amen!

Let all with heart and voice before His throne rejoice,

Praise is His gracious choice.  Alleluia!  Amen!

The United Methodist Hymnal, No. 158

 

No comments:

Post a Comment