Friday, November 20, 2020

Thankful for: Flowers

The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it,

The world, and all who live in it.

For He founded it upon the seas,

And established it upon the waters.

Psalm 24:1-2 

2020:  I am Thankful for Flowers

I have 5 large hydrangea bushes running along the side of my house.  Beautiful plants, but they never bloom.  I think the issue is lack of sunlight, and it is very frustrating.  In the front flower garden, I have a white Lace Cap hydrangea, which blooms profusely in the late spring/early summer.

In the lower corner of my property by the street are three large Hydrangea plants that never blossom either.  Certainly not a lack of sunshine in that location.  I was beginning to give up hope when one of those three plants burst into bloom in late summer with striking pink blossoms.  I have enjoyed having them this late in the season.

A few weeks ago, as I glanced out at those three plants, something looked a little discolored.  Imagine my surprise to find four blooms that were multicolored: blue on one side, fading into lavender that faded into pink on the other side – a tricolored hydrangea!  God’s love of beauty never fails to amaze me.  His gorgeous handiwork always lifts my spirit.

*

I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses.

And the voice I hear falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own.

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.

The United Methodist Hymnal, No. 314

No comments:

Post a Comment