Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thankful for: Dreams

Nothing is impossible with God.

Luke 1:37

2020:  I am Thankful for Dreams

I once read an interview in the AARP magazine with Kenny Loggins - master musician and longtime rocker.  When asked about his dreams, he said 

The head and heart are almost always in disagreement.

The head wants to play it safe; 

The heart wants to jump in.

 I've taught my head to serve my heart.

So when I get a crazy intuitive idea,

my brain's job is to figure out how to achieve that goal,

not scare me off with reasons why it's impossible.

All dreams are impossible until proven otherwise.

Those words really struck home with me.  I am the queen of nay-sayers to my own ideas.  I have all kinds of things that I would love to put my hand to, but before my heart can really kick into gear, my head has unloaded all of the reasons why the idea won't work.  I am, in a word, my own chief "discourager." 

The interviewer closed with this question:  "What's been your best moment in life so far?"  Mr. Loggins' answer could be a guiding thought for all of us today:

I like to think that the best times are yet to come.

By living in gratitude and believing in everyday miracles,

I stay open to surprise and delight in my life. 

* 

All I need is You, Jesus

All I need is You.

You are the source of all I need.

All I need is You.

The Faith We Sing, No. 2080

 

No comments:

Post a Comment