Thursday, February 4, 2021

Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him,

And He will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

I have sung the wonderful hymn, Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus, all my life, but I never really understood its words until my first child was born.  Everything was peaceful and “normal” with my new life as a mother, and then it all disintegrated right in front of my eyes.  I found myself sitting at the nurse’s station while a pediatric cardiologist drew pictures and quietly explained that my daughter probably wouldn’t live through the night.  You can barely think, much less trust. 

As I stood by my child’s tiny hospital bed, the nurse on duty that night emotionally lost it and began yelling at me that my God was absolutely useless, and where would He be when she came to hand me a dead baby?  She stomped out of the room before I could tell her that actually, I knew exactly where God would be – right there, in that room, with His arms around me and around my child.

Never be afraid

to trust an unknown future

to a known God.

-Corrie Ten Boom

 


Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

Casting Crowns


You can leave a comment, or share the name of your favorite hymn

No comments:

Post a Comment