Saturday, January 30, 2021

I Love to Tell the Story

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,

Baptizing them in the name of the Father,

And of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Matthew 28:18-20 

I recently divided up my week into “Project Days” so that I would have something to look forward to doing each weekday – and actually doing it!  Monday is for continuing to refurbish the huge bookcase at the front door, Tuesday is Ancestry research, Wednesday is Drawing, Thursday is Calligraphy…  well, you get the picture.  I have several partially finished projects neatly stacked in my dining room, waiting to be worked on.

Arabella Hankey, a missionary to Africa, experienced long months of illness and recovery.  During this time, she began a project of her own: writing  a poem on the life of Jesus.  It grew and grew until Arabella finally had to split it into two large sections that continued to expand.  In 1867, hymnwriter William Doane stopped by to see her and encouraged her to break things down a little – perhaps use some of the verses to form a hymn.  Mrs. Hankey selected verses from Part 2 to form I Love to Tell the Story.

 

I Love To Tell the Story

Amazing Worship TV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment