Saturday, January 23, 2021

Showers of Blessing

I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill.

I will send down showers in season,

there will be showers of blessing.

Ezekiel 34:26

The rain is coming down steadily this afternoon, and I can hear it as the droplets hit my office window.  It reminds me of There Shall be Showers of Blessing, a hymn which was a favorite title in the hymnbook of my home church.  We sang it enthusiastically and often.

Daniel W. Whittle (1840-1901) was an American gospel hymn writer, evangelist, Bible teacher, and a team member with the evangelistic campaigns of Dwight L. Moody.  He served in the Civil War and is still widely known among hymnologist as Major Whittle.

He wrote approximately 200 hymns; the most widely known are I Know Whom I Have Believed, and Showers of Blessing.


 Amazing Worship TV

No comments:

Post a Comment