Friday, January 29, 2021

You Are My All in All

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself,

unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him,

he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

John 15:4-5 

The pandemic has offered many life lessons to all of us, but the one that has caught my focus is this:  when your entire life is stopped on a dime, when you are separated from those you know and love, when you are tucked away from society as a whole and everything disappears, including singing – strip it all away, and you still have Jesus.  You will always have Jesus.

Dennis Jernigan is a Christian pianist, singer, songwriter and choral composer who wrote You Are My All in All in 1992.  It remains his most performed song today.

 


You Are My All In All | Maranatha! Music

 

No comments:

Post a Comment