Thursday, January 28, 2021

Washed in the Blood of the Lamb

These are they which came out of great tribulation,

and have washed their robes, and made them white

in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 7:14

I love the vivid imagery of the Bible – especially in the book of Revelation.  I learned one powerful biblical “picture” as a child in Sabbath School, and it has stayed with me ever since.

Black + Red = White

That equation may make no sense to you at all, but it is very simple.  My sins leave my heart black as coal.  Then Jesus washes it in the crimson blood of the Lamb – leaving it as white as snow.

A wonderful hymn based on this scripture is Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb, written in 1878 by Elisha Hoffman, a Presbyterian minister and prolific songwriter.


The Celebration Choir - Are You Washed In The Blood?

No comments:

Post a Comment