Monday, January 25, 2021

When We All Get to Heaven

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God,

believe also in Me.  In my Father’s house are many mansions.

If it were not so, I would have told you.

I go to prepare a place for you,

and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again

and receive you unto Myself, that where I am,

there you may be also.

John 14:1-3

Once a month in my home church, we would have an event called a Singspiration. We would come together on Saturday afternoon to sing our favorite hymns, interspersed with special numbers by various soloists and groups.  The man who led the music – Horton McClennan – was the perfect leader for the task.  Cheerful, enthusiastic, and a terrific musician, he would have the audience raising the rafters in song. One of the congregational favorites was When We All Get to Heaven. 

Eliza Hewitt and Emily D. Wilson met at a summer Methodist Campmeeting in New Jersey.  They formed a wonderful friendship, worshiped and studied together, and created this wonderful hymn in 1898 – Eliza penning the words and Emily creating the music.

 

When We All Get to Heaven (Hymns with Lyrics)

Vagle Brothers


No comments:

Post a Comment