Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Redeemed!

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good

His love endures forever.

Let the redeemed of the Lord say this –

those He redeemed from the hand of the foe,

those he gathered from east and west, from north and south.

Psalm 107:1-3 

Our song today is from my list of all-time favorites as well as my campmeeting favorites.  Written in 1882 by Fanny Crosby - a woman who also loved campmeetings, Redeemed is a song of great joy in the knowledge of our salvation through Jesus Christ. 

Redeemed! How I love to proclaim it!

Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

Redeemed through His infinite mercy

His child, and forever, I am.

My favorite line in this song is the last one – that I am forever His child.  Our heavenly Father gave His only Son to redeem us from the snare of sin.  We are His children, and He is ABBA – our loving Father.

Redeemed (How I Love to Proclaim It)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment