Thursday, March 11, 2021

Lent - Day 20: East to West


 

He has not dealt with us according to our sins,

nor punished us according to our iniquities,

As far as the east is from the west,

so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103:10, 12

I love learning new things – new ideas, new concepts – especially involving the scriptures.  I was reading my devotional book, Words of Life, when I came across this scripture and this thought: 

God always gives us what we need, not what we deserve.  Instead of giving us the punishment we deserve, Jesus Christ has paid for all our sins and all our wrongs.  I love what the Bible says about East and West, because there is no end to East or West. There is a North Pole and a South Pole, but there is no end from East to West.  - H.J. Fordham III

Micah 7:19 has long been a favorite of mine – that God will “tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.”  My sins being at the very bottom of the ocean has always comforted me.  Now I also know that when God casts my sins to the East or to the West, they are forever, irretrievably gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment