Saturday, March 13, 2021

Lent - Day 22: God's Waiting Room

Wait patiently for the Lord.  Be brave and courageous.

Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

Psalm 27:14

Back in 2006, I was diagnosed with cancer, and had two surgeries virtually back to back.  The second surgery was by my newly acquired oncologist whom I was referred to by Surgeon #1. Dr. Boardman is one of the greatest blessings I have had in my life.  She is, quite simply, the best - a doctor’s doctor.

I learned early on that when I arrived at her office for an appointment, I had better be prepared to wait.  Waiting more than an hour was not uncommon.  It did not bother me, because I knew that when my turn finally came, she would turn her entire attention and skill on me until she was sure everything about me was well cared for.  I have never had a better doctor.

It has been my experience that God rarely answers quickly with a yes or a no.  Instead, He invites me to take a seat in His waiting room until He answers my needs at just the right time.

In Your time, in Your time

You make all things beautiful in Your time.

Lord, my life to you I bring,

May the song I have to sing

Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment