Friday, March 26, 2021

Lent - Day 33: He Will Quiet You

The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One,

will save.  He will rejoice over you with gladness,

He will quiet you with His love,

He will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

There is a part of me that is shy and quiet – an introvert.  The other part of me is a Type A Personality – driven, perfectionist, and a huge worrier.  The first two A-traits served me well in my musical career.  But now I’m retired and find that my well-honed A-brain is a master at making a mountain out of the smallest molehill.

I love this verse, especially for the promise, He will quiet you with His love.  Last night I lay in bed, unable to sleep, worried about the side effects my oldest daughter might be experiencing from her second Covid vaccination.  What did I think I could do about the matter?  I haven’t the foggiest, but He who has promised is faithful.  Even before I turned it over to Him, He quieted me with His love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment