Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Lent - Day 31: Before We Call

Before they call, I will answer.

While they are still speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:24

I am having a faith crisis.  It’s not much fun admitting that, but it is the truth.  The problem?  I need and want a Covid vaccination, but of the three vaccines available, I can only take one of them, because of allergies and previous anaphylaxis.  But the system for vaccines does not work like that.  You can not “choose” which vaccine you want.  They schedule an appointment and give you the vaccine they have available. 

It has been clear for weeks that this is a situation over which I have no control.  So I hand it over to God, right?  Well, yes – sort of.  I have handed it to him a hundred times, and then turned around and grabbed it right back, to worry and stress over.  When I realize what I’ve done, I hand it back with many apologies, then down the road I grab hold again.  

At some point, I hope I will grow stronger and leave the problem right where it belongs – in the hands of the One who has the power to handle it.

We must wait, wait on the Lord.

We must wait, wait on the Lord.

We must learn our lessons well,

In His timing, He will tell us

What to do, what to say, where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment