Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Lent - Day 36: Tuesday of Holy Week

All the people came early in the morning to hear Him in the temple.

Luke 21:38 

Tuesday morning of Holy Week, Jesus and His disciples again left Bethany and entered the temple.  Jesus’ morning was occupied dealing with the religious leaders who were desperate to trap Him.  They challenged Him on what/whose authority gave Him the right to teach, paying of taxes to Caesar, the topic of marriage in heaven, and which commandment was the greatest. 

Interspersed with the interrogation by the priests were parables and lessons for the people:  the parable of the two sons, the parable of the tenants, the parable of the wedding banquet, and a lengthy discussion on End Times.

Luke makes this observation:  Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening He went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives.  The home of Lazarus and his sisters was in Bethany on the eastern slope of the Mount.

Tuesday of Holy Week

Matthew 21:23 – 24:51

Mark 11:27 – 13:37

Luke 20:1 – 21:36

Show me your ways, O Lord,
   teach me your paths;
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
   for you are God my Savior,
   and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love,
   for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth
   and my rebellious ways;
According to your love remember me,
   for you are good, O Lord.

- Psalm 25:6-10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment