Thursday, March 25, 2021

Lent - Day 32: I Have Prayed for You

Simon, Simon

Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat;

but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail.

Luke 22:31-32

Over the years, I have had numerous people tell me that they are praying for me.  It always lifts my heart to know that someone is remembering me to God.  But imagine what it would have been like to have Jesus say, “I am praying for you!”

The darker side of this, however, is how many times have I said, “I will pray for you,” and then totally let it slip away, like water through my fingers.  More times than I care to admit.  I try to keep a prayer notebook by my Bible, and that does help.  I've also asked God to put a bulletin board in my heart, with post-it notes of those for whom I have promised to pray.

My notes for this week include a family whose husband/father committed suicide last week, and the family of a senior in high school who died from an overdose.  Is there someone you want/need to pray for today?    Let’s lift our prayers to the Lord, knowing that He hears, and answers, and prays for and with us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment