Thursday, March 18, 2021

Lent - Day 26: His Yoke is Easy

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,

for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

Jesus called together His twelve disciples and  spent time alone with them, giving the men some much-needed instructions (Matthew 10).  After this period of relative quiet, Jesus took them to  “their cities” to teach and preach. (Matthew 11).  John the Baptist sent two disciples with a question:  “Are you the One?”  Rather than answer straight away, Jesus invited John's followers to go out with Him to minister to the people.  It turned out to be a long and emotional day.  After sending the two visitors back to John, Jesus said these beautiful words to His exhausted disciples:

Come – I will give you rest.


His Yoke is Easy

Handel’s Messiah, Part 1, Chorus 21

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir


 

No comments:

Post a Comment