Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day 2021

 

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119:105

Memorial Day (previously called Decoration Day) is a holiday for honoring and mourning the military personnel who have died in the performance of their military duties while serving in the United States Armed Forces.  This remembrance started soon after the end of the Civil War, when the graves of the fallen soldiers were decorated with flowers.  World War I and II turned it into a day of remembrance for all military deaths in the line of service.  It became a national holiday in 1971,  Memorial Day is considered by many as the first day of the summer season.

Tomorrow is the first day of June – the first day of real summer for me, and the first day of my project to Read the New Testament in 90 Days.  You can never read the Bible “too much.”  Each time I read, especially if I switch out different translations, I find something new, or a thought I had forgotten. I hope that you will join me in this project.  I will post the readings for the next week at the end of the daily blog on Fridays/Saturdays.

Blessings!  Have a wonderful Memorial Day.


 Summer 2021 Reading List - New Testament

Tuesday, June 1  Matthew 1-3

Wednesday, June 2  Matthew 4-6

Thursday, June 3  Matthew 7-9

Friday, June 4  Matthew 10-12

Saturday, June 5  Matthew 13-15

Sunday, June 6  Matthew 16-18

Monday, June 7  Matthew 19-21

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment