Thursday, May 27, 2021

Remembering Lot's Wife

Remember Lot’s wife.

Luke 17:32

A few months ago I received a flyer from AARP regarding a new way to adjust the side mirrors on my car.  Following the very precise instructions to the tee, I found that I had a completely different outlook when I used these mirrors.  Instead of competing with the rearview mirror, my side mirrors now open up my blind spot on each side so that I can see what is directly beside me.  Although all three mirrors are necessary when I am driving, most of the time my eyes are fixed on the road ahead.

Jesus uttered today’s three word sentence to the disciples during a discourse on the end of time.  He was describing to the disciples some of the difficulties they would face when out of the blue, He says, “Remember Lot’s wife.”   Mrs. Lot had been dragged out of Sodom by her husband when the angels warned them that the city was going to be destroyed.  Instead of being grateful for the angel’s intervention, she could not look forward because she was too busy looking back.  And that was her undoing.

Jesus is holding out a hand to us today, asking us to follow in His footsteps, letting Him guide us to our heavenly destination.  The world calls to us to look back – come back.  Remember Lot’s wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment