Friday, May 21, 2021

Walking on Water

I call on the Lord in my distress, and He answers me.

Psalm 120:1 

Water and I are not BFF’s by any stretch of the imagination.  Swimming pools where I can stand on solid footing are great.  Places where water is deep and has power?  No, thank you.  If I had been in that small fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee when Jesus came walking across the waves, I certainly would never have volunteered to try it myself.

Peter was always bold and brash, however, and immediately asked if he could join Jesus.  At the invitation to “Come,” Peter hauled himself over the side of the boat and began walking on the sea toward the Savior.   He heard the wind, tasted the sea spray, and for one short second, took his eyes off Christ and glanced at his surroundings.  Fear slammed into him like a wall, and down he went, crying out, “Lord, save me!”  Jesus reached out a hand and pulled Peter up.  In my mind’s eye, I can see them, Jesus with his arm around Peter’s shoulders, walking together back to the boat.

Our verse today is a promise that God will always hear you when you call on Him, and He will answer your prayers.  It may not be right away.  It may not be in the way you expect.  It will, however, be exactly what you need.

When nothing else could help, Love lifted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment