Monday, July 19, 2021

Half-way Point

 

For the Word that God speaks is alive and active;

it cuts more keenly than any two-edged sword:

it strikes through to the place where soul and spirit meet,

to the innermost intimacies of a man’s being.

It examines the very thoughts and motives of a man’s heart.

Hebrews 4:12 

Back on June 1, I started a summer reading project – reading through the entire New Testament in the three months of summer – June 1 to August 31.  I am now at the half-way point, and it has been an amazing experience for me.  I have been reading the Phillips translation, and it has brought clarity in areas where I did not know I needed it!  I am in First Corinthians now, and I tend to get bogged down in Paul’s writings.  So far, however, the Phillips has kept my interest and understanding engaged.

The writer of Hebrews declares that the Word is alive and active – staying at the forefront of your thoughts and coming back to your memory when it is most needed.  I thank God for His Word, and for men like J.B. Phillips, who give of their time and talents to enable us to better understand His message to us.

Summer Reading Program – New Testament

Monday, July 19                1 Corinthians 4-6

Tuesday, July 20                1 Corinthians 7-9

Wednesday, July 21           1 Corinthians 10-12

Thursday, July 22              1 Corinthians 13-15

Friday, July 23                  1 Corinthians 16

Saturday, July 24              2 Corinthians 1-3

Sunday, July 25                2 Corinthians 4-6

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment