Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Squeeze It Out?

Let everyone give as his heart tells him,

neither grudgingly or under compulsion,

for God loves the man who give cheerfully.

God can give you more than you can ever need,

so that you may always have sufficient for yourselves,

and enough left over to give to every good cause.

2nd Corinthians 9:7-8

I have been a tither since childhood. I was taught that the first 10% was God’s money.  That was fine with me, as long as the other 90% was mine!   I don’t remember ever begrudging God His portion.  But I have to admit that at times I can be downright stingy when it comes to what is mine.

In his second letter to the Christians in Corinth, Paul talks about a collection he will be receiving from them to help the fellow believers in Macedonia.  He wanted the brethren to take up the offering before he arrived, and he “would like it to be a spontaneous gift, not money squeezed out of you.  How I laughed at that thought.  Does God have to squeeze money out of me?  I suspect at times He does!  Lord, give me a generous heart, in appreciation for all You have done for me.

Today's Summer Reading:  2nd Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment