Saturday, July 31, 2021

Lost!

 

The Son of Man came to find lost people and save them.

Luke 19:10

I have a knack for getting lost – in parking lots.  My car does not have a key fob that you can use to locate your vehicle.  And I have never fully cemented the habit of checking my surroundings to earmark where I am leaving the car.  Thus, when I come out with a cart of shopping bags or groceries, I have no blooming idea where the car is.  If I am at Food Lion, that’s no big deal.  The parking lot is a manageable size.  But if I am at Target, or the Walmart Superstore, or, heaven forbid, the mall – I can end up doing a lot of walking.

There are times when our spiritual lives can go missing – through emotional upheaval, physical pain, poor health, depression, etc.  Life has a million ways to get us down, and like the sheep in Jesus’ parable, we can end up wandering from the fold.  Praise God that He is ever willing able to come find us, and lead us back to the safety of His arms.

Today's Summer Reading:  Ephesians 1-3

Sunday's Summer Reading:  Ephesians 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment