Monday, April 19, 2021

Adopted

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear,

But ye have received the Spirit of adoption,

Whereby we cry, “Abba,Father.”

Romans 8:15 

For as long as I can  remember, I have known that I was adopted.  My mother could not have children, so she and Dad made the decision to adopt my two brothers and me.  We  each came from different family situations, two years apart.  Our development as a family did not come by nature, but by the nurture of my parents.  We were chosen – adopted.

Over the last three years, I have found both of my birth parents through DNA results and long hours of research.  They both were from the Bay area of California, and most likely met at a military base in Arizona.  Neither of them were at a point in their lives where they could offer a child love, nurture and stability.  So my mother made the difficult but correct choice to arrange for my adoption.

When we think about our Creator’s unlimited love for us – that He would suffer the ultimate sacrifice to bring us into His heavenly family – it moves us to cry out “Daddy!”  He is, in every way that matters, our Father.  You are His chosen child – adopted for eternity.

 I'm a child of the King, a child of the King,

Through Jesus, my Savior, I'm a child of the King.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment