Saturday, April 17, 2021

God Found It!

He replied, “I tell you the truth,

If you have faith as small as a mustard seed,

You can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there!’

And it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Matthew 17:20-21

When my oldest daughter was in college, she was in a horrible car accident and broke her back. Because it was the weekend, she had to lay on her stomach until she could have surgery on Monday.  She was miserable lying on her stomach staring at the floor, and in a great deal of pain. On top of that, she could not see a thing.  Her right contact lens popped out in the crash (she wore hard lenses), and the other was taken out at the hospital.

That afternoon while she slept, I went to the place where her car was parked.  Sitting in the driver’s seat, I prayed that God might “open my eyes” to find her contact.  I tried to figure out the possible trajectory of that flying lens, pointed with my finger to that vicinity on the passenger side floormat, and there it was - ready to be picked up, thoroughly cleaned, and popped back in her eye.

I was in awe.  She was astonished.  We both were so thankful for the restoration of her contact lens.  God does not always choose to answer our prayers with a miracle, but when He does, it is an experience you never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment