Friday, April 23, 2021

Inside and Out

 

You know me inside and out - you know every bone in my body.

You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit.

How I was sculpted from nothing into something.

Like an open book You watched me grow from conception to birth.

All the stages of my life were spread out before You;

The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived a day.

Psalm 139:15-16 Message 

The Covid19 vaccine has been a compelling issue for people around the world.  “To get or not to get” – that is the question.  For me, it was relatively simple:  Yes, I am going to get the shot.  I am going to do my research, choose which vaccine seems best for me, then I am going to get the vaccine, just as I have gotten the shingles and the pneumonia vaccines.

My mind, however, could not just leave it alone after my decision was made.  I was plagued with the “what if’s”.  What if I am allergic to the vaccine?  What if I am intolerant of one of the ingredients (not the same as allergic but can be just as devastating).  What if I get really bad side effects?  What if I get blood clots?   What if…what if…what if.

This verse assures me that there is nothing about my body that God doesn’t know.  He formed me, watched me grow, and knew every stage of my life before I had lived even one day.  He knows us.  He loves us.  The Creator of the universe is in control.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment