Saturday, April 10, 2021

PRAY Instead of Worry

Don’t fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, PRAY!

Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers,

letting God know your concerns.

Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness,

everything coming together for good,

Will come and settle you down.

Philippians 4:6-7 The Message 

I am having my Covid vaccination this morning, and I am… concerned.  All right, I am worried – not about the shot itself, but how my body will react to it.  I have a long history of allergy and intolerance to medication of any kind. 

Our text this morning speaks directly to me:  Hey – don’t fret.  Don’t worry.  Pray instead.  But that solution just seems so easy.  Ah – but it is never easy to turn lose of our concerns and ease the grip of our control.  But there is absolutely nothing I can do to control this situation, so why not ask God to take care of it. 

I think that is why Paul tells us to “…pray without ceasing.  Everything this life throws at us will be cushioned by the love of our Creator.  God made me and He knows exactly how this body of mine works.  I will pray (my job) and He will take care of me (His job).

O, what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear

All because we do not carry EVERYTHING to God in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment