Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Make God's Day

 

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:7

I was reading my devotional book today, when I noticed this title – “Make God’s Day.”  Well, I thought.  I’d like to do that, but how?  By sharing anything and everything with Him.  God is a relationship-focused God who pulls out all the stops on His end to try and deepen the connection with His children.  In a true relationship, the two participants share EVERYTHING: the good, the bad and the ugly. 

If today –

You are feeling really happy, or downright depressed – God wants to know.

You are excited about the future, or worried about the past – God wants to know.

You are concerned about your finances, or celebrating a raise – God wants to know.

Your children are doing well in school, or they are not – God wants to know.

You feel like you are at your wits end with the pandemic – God wants to know.

Sometimes I say, “God, I don’t know what to say to you today.”  He does not expect an oration – just a quiet talk about what’s going on in my life and mind.  Don’t say to yourself, “God already know.”  He does, but like any parent with their child, He longs for you to confide in him.  Go on – make His day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment