Friday, April 9, 2021

Cast Your Burdens on the Lord


 Cast your cares upon the Lord and He will sustain you.

He will never let the righteous be shaken.

Psalm 55:22

I remember when I first read this verse.  I said to myself, “Well, there you have it.  You are certainly not among the righteous, because your faith is shaken regularly!”  Perhaps that is because I am weighed down with all my problems and cares.

Perhaps a key element of being righteous is being willing to place our burdens at the feet of the Savior and leave them there.  God has never asked us to carry our problems on our own backs (or worry about them, either).  That is God’s job, not ours.

Do you have a heavy heart today?  Do you have problems that seem unsolvable?  Is the weight of the world on your shoulders?  As my dad would say, “Hey – take a load off!”  Give all of it to God.  Then pray every day that He will give you the courage to leave your cares with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment