Thursday, November 4, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 103

 

He does not treat us as our sins deserve,

or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,

so great is His love for those who fear Him.

As far as the east is from the west,

so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

For He knows how we are formed.

He remembers we are dust.

Psalm 103:10-12, 14

This last weekend, I traveled to Goochland County to be a substitute pianist for the worship service at Grace Episcopal Church.  I live in Chesterfield County and traveling west to Goochland is a bit of a hike – 40 miles or so – which felt like a long ways.  However, if I were to hop in the car and head west to Los Angeles, it would be traveling 2600 miles – 38 hours of driving!  In this psalm, David is speaking of infinite east to infinite west – a distance we can’t even imagine. 

Do you have any skeletons in the closet of your life?  Things you wish you’d never done, but unfortunately, you did?  I certainly do. There are sins of my younger years that I know God has forgiven me for, but occasionally they pop up in my mind as a reminder of the frailty of the human experience.   But David says, “Wait a minute!  Those sins are gone!  As far as the east is from the west, they are GONE.”  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment