Friday, November 5, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 145

The Lord is faithful to all His promises,

and loving toward all He has made.

The Lord is righteous in all His ways

and loving toward all He has made.

Psalm 145:13b, 17 

One summer when I was a kid, my father put me on a roller coaster at the state fair.  It was called The Mighty Mouse and was next to nothing as roller coasters go.  But it was still fast, jerked you around, and took the corners as though my little car was going to fly off the track.  It scared me to death.  In the midst of my terror, I cried out to God, promising Him that I would love and serve Him forever if He would just spare my life from that awful contraption.  As soon as the ride was over, I wobbled over to my dad, all in one piece, and promptly forgot all about promises made.

In this psalm, King David proclaims that God is faith to ALL His promises.  He does not get distracted or too busy.  He does not turn a deaf ear when we call.  He does not forget what He has promised.  He has given His Word, and He who has promised is faithful (Hebrews 10:23).


Great is Thy Faithfulness  Carrie Underwood / CeCe Wynans

No comments:

Post a Comment