Wednesday, November 10, 2021

I am Thankful for: My Friends

 

I thank my God every time I remember you.

Philippians 1:3

It is clear that the Apostle Paul wrote this letter to the church in Philippi when he was imprisoned under house arrest.  There he proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone who visited him.  During his work in the early church, Paul traveled widely and made many friends.  When he was incarcerated – whether in a dungeon, a cell or a house – he had to rely on those many friends to meet his basic needs.  Paul was grateful for their faith and their care for him, and thanked God for his friends and fellow workers.

I worked for 19 years for a large church in my area.  During that time, I made many wonderful friends.  Now that I am retired, I still cherish those friends and enjoy the times, even during a pandemic, when we can get together:  a Facetime call, a chatty email or Zoom, having lunch together, requesting help and offering help.  I, like Paul, am thankful every time I think of my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment