Wednesday, November 3, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 86

 

Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth.

Give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name.

Psalm 86:11 

Have you ever had a divided heart?  Rather than a division of just the heart, I am used to hearing:  “My heart says one thing, but my head says another.”  When it comes to everyday living, we quite often face issues on which we are hesitant – divided in our thoughts and emotions.  But when it comes to our allegiance to God, we want an inner agreement of both heart, mind, soul and spirit.

King David’s son Solomon expressed it to the children of Israel this way:  "Let your heart therefore be wholly devoted to the LORD our God, to walk in His statutes and to keep His commandments, as at this day."  I Kings 8:61  Today may your soul (heart + mind) be firmly settled in the love of Christ Jesus.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment