Thursday, November 18, 2021

I Am Thankful For: A God Who Listens

Do not be anxious about anything,

but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving,

present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,

will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

Have you ever had a time when it seemed like no one was listening to you?  Whether on the job or in the home, you had something to share, and the world turned a deaf ear.  Even those closest to us – spouse, child, best friend – are occasionally guilty of shutting us out.

The Apostle Paul says, Hey!  Whatever you have to say, whatever it is that you need - talk to God!  He is always there, always listening, always open to hearing your voice.  He listens, processes, understands, and cares.  And on top of all that – He promises peace.

I'm not just hopin', I'm not just wishin'
I know I'm prayin' to a God who listens
I know He hears me, I know He's livin'
Yes, I am prayin' to a God who listens



No comments:

Post a Comment