Friday, November 12, 2021

I Am Thankful For: A Chance to Worship

 

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that can not be shaken,

Let us be thankful, and so worship God with reverence and awe…

Hebrews 12:28

I remember it like it was yesterday.  On Friday, March 13, 2020, the President of the United States declared a nation emergency concerning the Novel Coronavirus Disease outbreak.  On Sunday, March 15, my choir sang for the worship service, then shut down for “the foreseeable future.”  We thought it would be a matter of weeks.  We were so wrong.

As churches shut down, I searched for a way to worship:  online, drive-in, and finally, live-streamed.  I watched services here in Virginia, in California, and Michigan.  Lately, I have settled on the Ephesus SDA Church here in Richmond – a service rich with music and wonderful preaching.  Every Saturday morning, I settle down in front of my laptop and prepare to worship.  The pandemic has changed many things.  Our need to worship God is not one of them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment