Thursday, November 11, 2021

I am Thankful for: My Father

 

A wise daughter heeds her father’s instruction…

Proverbs 13:1a

A couple days ago, a young man approached me about cutting back the massive pin oak tree in the backyard to get rid of the branches that are laying on pretty much the entire length of my back roof, as well as pruning my peach and my dogwood trees, and removing a scraggly apple tree. He offered me his spiffy business card and the "today only" price of $2200. He explained that the price was a little higher because someone would have to climb up in that huge tree. Well, duh!

I informed him that my daddy taught me to always get three estimates for any job, so I would be getting two more opinions.. He was visibly unhappy with that choice. Today I had a bonafide tree company (recommended by three of my neighbors) come out to give me an estimate. Their price? $600.

Today is Veteran’s Day, and I want to honor my Navy dad, the wisest man I have ever known.  Nothing was more important to him than family and country – and he served both with heart, and soul. and dignity.  I love you, Dad – now and forever. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment