Tuesday, November 2, 2021

A Psalm of David: Psalm 122

 

I was glad when they said unto me, “Let us go into the house of the LORD.

Psalm 122:1

When the pandemic first raised its ugly head, one of the most difficult adjustments we had to make was the isolation from most other human beings.  Even our families were part of that isolation, if they did not live in the same house as we did.  Gatherings with others, big and small, were advised against then stopped altogether, including attending church. 

Fortunately, churches responded by going virtual, with YouTube channels and live streaming.  I “visited” several houses of worships during that time – searching for quality music and relevant preaching.  I finally settled on two:  The Loma Linda University Church for the outstanding music, and the Ephesus SDA Church here in Richmond for outstanding preaching.  My home office became my “house of the Lord” as those virtual congregations fed my soul. 

I was Glad When They Said Unto Me –C. Hubert H. Parry  

Abendmusik at First Plymouth

No comments:

Post a Comment